Hi guys !
Today we gonna learn how to integrate a language pack into our Office 2013 installation . And enable it into our unattend installation
In this scenario you have various options to customize office 2013 , you can use a unnatend.xml or OCT ( explained down there)
OCT CONF ( source: technet ) http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179121
To customize how Setup manages the installation process, use the Office Customization Tool (OCT) to create a Setup customization (.msp) file. Setup applies this file when users install Office on their computers.
In Office 2013, two architecture-specific versions of the Office Customization Tool (OCT) are available: one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit Office. The 64-bit version of the OCT supports 64-bit client editions of Office 2013, and provides the same user interface, capabilities, and configurable settings as the 32-bit version. You use the same command to run the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the OCT.
- To run the 32-bit OCT, run the setup.exe /admin command line from the x86 (32-bit) folder as shown in the following example: \\server\share\Office15\x86\setup.exe /admin.
- To run the 64-bit OCT, run the setup.exe /admin command line from the x64 (64-bit) folder. For more information about 64-bit Office 2013, see 64-bit editions of Office 2013.
Integrating Language Pack
1. Extract files from DVD language pack
2. Copy the all the files to your office installation. important: When the system ask you to overwite the files : CHOOSE NO
3.Modify config.xml from the folder proplus.ww on Office2013 folder (not language pack)
add this line that configs the default language on the installation
<AddLanguage Id=”fr-fr” ShellTransform=”yes”/> <AddLanguage Id=”fr-fr” />
4. Launch the installation with this command will take the config.xml data and OCT ( same way )
setup.exe /config proplus.ww/config.xml