Exchange: The execution of cmdlet Enable-Mailbox failed: An unknown error has occurred. Refer to correlation ID: 9b09bf27-e1ea-40ee-bc1d-294ddf168a12
Beware this could be not your solution. This post exposes an issue when using certain character’s on cloud users specifically using in the fields Name, First name or last name the character “*” or other characters forbidden .
Today I got one of the odd ones.
I got some test accounts that I was unable to assign any sort of license or email!
I found absolutely nothing about this error . But well got me thinking . It has to be something that I have done…
Of course I was using the * on the fields name and description. as displayed in the picture
The reason being is that well, I was just testing!
Believe or not . You can actually use forbidden character in such fields as Name , First name or Last name!
But then you get this error when enabling the mailbox ,
Make sure you don’t use any of this characters ( I could not find much information about it so just stick for the user creation reference of MS in Name, first name or last name
This is what has worked for me and actually after removing the “*” I was able to assign a license and a mailbox! , Silly things that you do and yeah! maybe some people should not have admin access ( like me ) lol.
Well I hope this has been informative and thank you for reading!