How To deploy Drivers With SCCM2012 R2
Hi , always wondered how to deploy a driver withouth SDKS and Easily? This is the post you wanted
this is valid for SystemCenter or GPO or MDT .. and other platforms
– You need to deploy a new driver or update it in 100 computers , how i can do this silently ?
First we gonna need is the folder with the native driver , and a reference machine with Windows OS Installed . How i get it ? Easy.
All drivers since windows 7 kernels are stored at : C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository , so first at all go to this folder on the reference machine
1. Install manually the driver on the reference machine to “steal it” ( check the creation date of the folder now before we install the driver and order it by last created folders )
Now we know that the last driver was created / installed on 04/08/2014 at 9:17
2. We install the driver manually and WE WILL KNOW THAT THE NEXT DRIVERS /DRIVER ON THIS FOLDER WITH TODAYS DATE ARE THE WANTED ONES.
3. Copy the new folders/folder from “filerepository” into a separate folder
4. Search the Pnputil.exe utility on your machine (the file normally is located on c:\windows\system32) they exist as 64 bit versión I used the 32 bit one but maybe you will need the other utilty ( ) anyways chose the one that u need
5.Create a package on your SystemCenter with PNPutil.exe on it ( I recommend to test this before creating the package on a real machine )
6. Create batch script with the following command on the folder /package
pnputil.exe -i -a dlcdcncm.inf
more info about pnp util here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff550423(v=VS.85).aspx
7. Create the Package on SCCM & the program pointing to the batch script
8. Deploy to users
& Enjoy !!! :D:D