Today I’m going to share a nice workaround which allows you to run on a regular user session any kind of software with admin rights, bypassing UAC & the password.
Software required for this test:
Runasspc & Runasspcadmin
Also, I have uploaded a copy on my one drive in case that you experience any problems downloading runasspc
Step by step
1.Download the software and extract on c:\Runasspc
Two Files can be found in the folder:
- Runasspc: Runs the software as admin.
- Runasspcadmin: Generates the encrypted file with the password.
2. Execute Runasspcadmin to encrypt the certificate
- fill up path of the desired application ( treesize in this case )
- fill up the local admin credentials ( local admin user & password )
- Create a folder in c:\ named criptfile
- Point out current encryptfile c:\criptfile\treesize.spc
- Click on save cryptfile ( to generate the cert) – very important
- Click on test button if you want to test.
3. Modify the access link of the desktop of the app pointing to runasspc & pointing to the generated certificate
in this case:
Software running on admin rights